Saturday, July 11, 2009

Powers Blog Site: Blah Blah Blog

Powers Blog Site: Blah Blah Blog

I'm trying something different. I may be a blogger now rather than a commenter.

Jesse's wedding went very well. Maria and I arrived at the Corpus Christi airport within 10 minutes of Noah's arrival. We rented a car and all drove to Port Aransas (the island). We had booked a condo at the Dunes where Jesse works. You get more than a room. It's a condo with 2 bedrooms, a fold out couch. A kitchen, TV etc. Of course we had to pay $280/night! We also had to pay for three nights even though we only stayed 2. Double ouch!

The wedding was just outside the Dunes on the beach. It was 100 (110 heat index). Many of Jesse's and Tiffiny's friends came as well as her parents. Peg and Danai were there too so we have a FULL family picture (Mike, Maria, Peg, Danai, Jesse, Noah).

After the ceremony there was great food and music at the Dunes for a couple of hours. We had awesome smoked brisket with tasty barbeque sauce, baked beans, potatoe (Quail spelling) salad, fruit etc and lots of beer and wine. I took many pictures and shot video too as did Noah. I'll find a way to post some good shots and a short video or two at some point.

We have a full August with Magic conventions and a few band gigs. After that maybe we can make a visit to the Pontiac/Highland area and get everyone together.

More later...

Mike

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mike, I wish SO MUCH that I could have been there too!!! I can't wait to see the pix and videos. It sounds like it was a beautiful (although hot) setting for a wedding. I haven't seen Jesse in years now! Does he ever head north? I don't know when I'll be able to get all the way to Texas, but would really love to see him and meet his new wife.

    Thanks for sharing about the wedding. My girls and I were so bummed to miss it!
    Can't wait to see you again too. Even if you can't make it here this summer, we'll definitely be seeing you in the fall. I wouldn't miss the Halloween party!

    Lots o' love,
    Reen

    ReplyDelete